Mosambi is one of the most favorite fruits of many people irrespective of the running season. One of the best attributes of Mosambi is that it is slightly sour & slightly sweet in taste. Initially, the origin of Mosambi was speculated to be in countries like Indonesia and China, but later it was considered to be the fruit of Indian origin.
The Mosambi fruit in India is mostly found in July and August. It grows on trees that take five to seven years to bear fruits and are found mainly in tropical and subtropical regions. Often people do not understand the difference between Mosambi and lemon, as they are of the same breed. Mosambi and lemon come in citrus fruits and they also visibly have similar nutrients. It usually looks like lemon, but is larger in size and sweet in taste. It’s taste is somewhat similar to an orange.
Mosambis are rich in vitamins, especially Vitamin B9 and Vitamin C.
Common Facts about Mosambi-
- Botanical Name: Citrus Limetta
- Family: Citrus Fruit, Rutaceae
- Common Name: Sweet Lime, “Mosambi”
- Sanskrit Name: “Jambiram”
It’s Usage: Mausambi’s skin, pulp and seeds.
Benefits of eating Mosambi fruit:
- Eating Mosambi keeps the skin healthy.
- Mosambi removes toxins from the body.
- Eating Mosambi fruit helps our body attain good digestion.
- Mosambi helps to lose weight.
- Increases immunity.
- Mosambi reduces the problem of hair split ends.
- Keep Mosambi fruits away from scurvy diseased patients.
- Eating Mosambi in Jaundice is also very good for recovery.
- Mosambi also helps oneself to get rid of peptic ulcers.
- Mosambi removes sickle cell anemia disease.
- Eating Mosambi in arthritis is very good for the body.
- Mosambi also prevents cancer.
Nutrients in Mosambi-
- There are very few calories in Mosambi and it also has lower fat content.
- A Mosambi contains 43 calorie and 0.3 grams of fat.
- It is also rich in Potassium and Vitamin C, which has health benefits and keeps the body cool.
- Carbohydrate is also found in Mosambi.
Nutrients per 100 grams
- Water – 90.79 grams
- Energy – 25 grams
- Protein – 0.42 grams
- Fat – 0.07 grams
- Carbohydrate – 8.42 grams
- Fiber – 0.4 grams
- Sugar – 1.69 grams
- Vitamin C – 30 mg
- Minerals – per 100 grams
- Calcium – 14 mg
- Iron – 0.09 mg
- Magnesium – 8 mg
- Phosphorus – 14 mg
- Potassium – 117 mg
- Sodium – 2 mg
- Zinc – 0.08 mg