The nation mourned on the death of one of the finest actors in Bollywood, Irrfan Khan, on Wednesday, April 29. The ‘Slumdog Millionaire’ actor had complained of colon infection and was admitted in Mumbai’s Kokilaben Hospital on Tuesday, April 28. Soon, his health deteriorated and he was shifted in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) ward of the hospital.
Oops Moment: Salman Khan Accidentally Enters rumoured GF Lulia’s Live Chat Show
Irrfan Khan attained the age of 53 on January 7, 2020 and had no idea that this will be the last birthday he will be celebrating with his loved ones. Irrfan was said to be upset and in distress after he lost his mother on Saturday, April 25. Irrfan was in Mumbai while his mother breathed last on Saturday at her residence in Jaipur. Irrfan couldn’t take part in her last rites physically due to nationwide lockdown due to Corona Virus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). However, the actor had participated in his mother’s funeral through video conferencing.
We thought to shed some light on few of the ‘not so well known’ facts about Irrfan Khan on the day of his last rites.
1. Irrfan Khan, during an interview, had revealed that his mother had once asked him if he will earn his bread and butter through dance and singing. During his interview at ‘Isi Ka Naam Zindagi’, he was asked by Raveena Tandon, the show’s host, the reason for distancing from taking part in dance and songs that often. To which, Khan had cited her mother’s worry over his career option in dancing and singing. He had assured his mother that he wouldn’t do anything which will bring defame or embarrassment to her.
Ramayana Actor, Shyam Sunder Kalaani, who played Sugreev is No More
2. In 2018, Irrfan was diagnosed with neuroendocrine tumor which had the potential to spread to other parts of the body. Irrfan confirmed this news by tweeting the sad news from his twitter handle. He visited London the same year for treatment.
3. Irrfan Khan’s real name was Sahebzade Irrfan Ali Khan and he was born to a Pashtun family in Jaipur, Rajasthan. His father was a tire businessman while his mother was a housewife.
4. Irrfan had fond for cricket and had made it to the CK Nayudu Tournament, however, he couldn’t take part in the tournament due to lack of funds.
5. Irrfan graduated a Master’s degree in Arts and while he was pursuing this degree, he earned a scholarship to study at National School of Drama (NSD), New Delhi. He arrived Bombay (now Mumbai) and worked as an Air Conditioning (AC) repairer. While he worked as an AC repairer, he also stepped into legendary Bollywood actor, Rajesh Khanna’s house to provide the AC repairing service.
6. Irrfan married Sutapa Sikdar, a Hindu brahmin, professionally a Film Producer, Dialogue Writer and Screenplay Writer, in the year 1995. They have 2 sons, viz; Ayaan Khan and Babil Khan.