Home NATION Unnao Alleged Rape Survivor’s Death left the Whole Nation Stunned, Know the...

Unnao Alleged Rape Survivor’s Death left the Whole Nation Stunned, Know the Whole Case

According to sources, one of these five men is the son of the village pradhan (chief) against whom the woman had lodged a rape complaint. Her family had alleged that their relatives have been getting death threats if the case was still pursued.

Unnao rape case burning, Unnao rapists set the victim on fire, Unnao rape victim died
Unnao Rape Victim succumbs to her Burn Injury/Representative Image with a Real Image inside

Unnao Rape survivor succumbed to her burn injuries on December 6, Friday, after fighting for over 40 hours after she was allegedly burnt alive by five persons including two of her accused who had allegedly raped her in December last year.

Also Read,

Telangana: 4 Accused in the Alleged Rape and Murder of Hyderabad Vet Killed in Encounter with Police

“She [the Unnao rape victim] suffered a cardiac arrest at 11:10 pm and we tried to resuscitate her, but she could not survive and at 11:40 pm, she died,” Dr. Shalabh Kumar, Head of Department (Burns and plastic) at Safdarjung Hospital said as reported by the news agency ANI. The Uttar Pradesh government has announced an ex-gratia of Rs. 25 Lac for the family of the victim.

The 23-year-old rape survivor was admitted to a civil hospital in Lucknow at 10:30 am on December 5, Thursday with more than 90 per cent burns. She was later airlifted to Delhi for further treatment as her health deteriorated.

Also Read,

Mumbai: 6-Year Old allegedly Raped by 60-Year Old Grocery Shop Owner, Arrested

The victim was set ablaze, was attacked outside the Sindupur village in Unnao district of Uttar Pradesh (UP). As per reports, she was on her way to a court in Rae Bareli (UP) to attend a hearing in her rape case.

ALSO READ:  Apple wins Patent for Foldable Display for it's upcoming Foldable iPhone

While she was walking to the nearest railway station, the five men accosted her, thrashed her, took her to a field outside the village, showered kerosene on her and set her on fire. The survivor ran for almost one km for help, called 112 from someone’s mobile phone and she herself informed police about the incident.

When police reached the spot, they found her in a severely burnt condition while the accused had fled by then. The victim was taken to hospitals in Unnao, Kanpur, then to a local hospital in Lucknow with more than 90 per cent burns. However, she was later shifted to the Delhi based Safdarjung Hospital.

Also Read,

Crime Alert: Human Body Parts found Stuffed in a Suitcase floating at Mahim Beach

The Delhi Traffic Police provided a green corridor from the Delhi airport till Safdarjung Hospital. On Friday night, Safdarjung Hospital stated that the next 24-48 hours are really critical for her. She was put on a ventilator. She, however, couldn’t survive.

Meanwhile, a witness to the horrific view, Ravindra, who was sitting by the roadside then, told reporters that he was so frightened that he actually went to pick up his stick. “It was only when she came nearer that I found she was severely burnt,” he said, reported TV reports. She had been calling out for help, he added.

Ravindra said that he called the police and the woman herself talked to them on the phone. The police arrived soon and she was taken to the local community health centre, he said.

ALSO READ:  'Good Friday' turned 'Bad' for Congress Party: Priyanka Chaturvedi Leaves Congress, Hardik Patel gets Slapped at a Public Rally in Gujarat

Also Read,

Hyderabad Vet Charred to Death after alleged Rape: Hyderabad Police issue Advisory

According to the reports, the victim filed a case in March 2019 alleging that she was raped between January 19 and December 12, 2018, by one of the accused on the pretext that he would marry her. In her statement to the magistrate, she alleged that the accused – Shivam and Shubham Trivedi – had abducted and raped her in December 2018.

It was only 10 days before that the prime accused, Shubham, was released on bail while the probe in the matter was still on, the police had said. Soon after securing bail, Shubham started following and threatening her.

The victim and her family visited the Bihar police station close to the Sindupur village in Unnao several times but the police ignored their complaints. The victim was on her way to a Rae Bareli court when she was allegedly abducted by the five men — Harishankar Trivedi, Ram Kishore Trivedi, Umesh Bajpai, Shivam and Shubham Trivedi.

Also Read,

“Nathuram Godse Patriot” Remark: Pragya Thakur expelled from PCC of Defence Ministry for the Remark

According to sources, one of these five men is the son of the village pradhan (chief) against whom the woman had lodged a rape complaint. Her family had alleged that their relatives have been getting death threats if the case was still pursued. The reports also suggest that before she was put on ventilator on earlier Friday, the Unnao rape victim told her family that she doesn’t want to die and wants to see the accused sentenced to death.

ALSO READ:  Samsung reveals Samsung S10 Series Smartphone Details in it's released Videos

“Usne kaha ki bhahiya mujhe bacha lo, mujhe marna nahi hai. Jinhonne mere sath ye kiya hai, unhe mai maut ki saza paatey dekhna chahti hu [she told me that brother, please save me, I don’t want to die. Those who have done this to me, I want to see them getting a death sentence].” However, the victim breathed her last on late Friday succumbing to her injury due to a cardiac arrest.

What all happened since December 2018?

December 12, 2018: Shivam Trivedi, allegedly gang raped the woman along with Shubham Trivedi

December 13, 2018: Rape survivor filed the complaint with police but First Information Report (FIR) was not registered

December 20, 2018: Survivor sends complaint to the Superintendent of Police (SP), Rae Bareli through registered post but the FIR still not registered

March 04, 2019: FIR finally registered against Shivam and Shubham on the orders of Rae Bareli court

August 14, 2019: Police get the order for attachment of properties of Shubham and Shivam

September 19, 2019: Shivam surrenders in Rae Bareli court

November 25, 2019: He gets bail from the High Court (HC), released 5 days later, while Shubham remains ‘abscounder’ in the police records all this while

December 05, 2019: Survivor was thrashed, stabbed and set afire when she was on her way to the Rae Bareli court. Shubham and Shivam Trivedi named in the FIR

December 06, 2019: Victim succumbs to death following a cardiac arrest at 11.40pm

Also Read,

Maharashtra Live Updates: Unity and Power Show by Shiv Sena-NCP-Congress through ‘We are 162’