Home MUMBAI Fadnavis Government gives Relief to Agitators of Maratha Community, Maharashtra Government to...

Fadnavis Government gives Relief to Agitators of Maratha Community, Maharashtra Government to Withdraw Several Cases against Agitators

Fadnavis has given a relief to the Maratha community, just a day after his government tabled the Maratha Reservation Bill, which got passed by majority in the upper as well as the lower house of the legislation. The bill also got the Governor's nod and has paved ways to become the law. This has ascended the existing 52% reservation in the Maharashtra state for the backward class community in education as well as jobs in the Maharashtra government aided institution, to a 16% rise, totalling the final figure to 68%.

0
SHARE

The Maharashtra government, on Friday, gave a relief to those imprisoned or booked under various charges for their indulgence in the outburst of Bhima-Koregaon violence in January and the recent one of Maratha reservation stir. The Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis, confirmed in the Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha on Friday that a total of 655 cases were registered under various criminal charges against the agitators of Bhima-Koregaon violence erupted in January this year, out of which, 158 cases are under investigation which are in the list to be withdrawn along with other 275 cases. He, however, pointed at 63 cases that fall under serious offences including attacking police personnel, which will remain in the register.

Also Read,

Deepika and Ranveer Looked Stunning in their Mumbai’s Reception, Details here

The Chief Minister also gave a relief to those booked in the recent Maratha reservation agitation, carried out for demanding reservation to the Maratha community, against the Maharashtra government. He briefed the legislative assembly of total 543 cases registered during the protest against the agitators, out of which, 314 cases are under investigation which fall outside the purview of the serious offences and will be withdrawn by his government. He, however, affirmed that 46 cases are serious charges which will continue to seek the course of action. Maratha community had protested recently to demand withdrawal of all the cases registered against the agitators of the Maratha Kranti Morcha, and the Fadnavis-led government had shown the sign to give them the relief.

Also Read,

Congress MLA roars in Vidhan Sabha against the Unfair Investigation in Manoj Dubey’s Murder Case, Home Minister Assures Investigation by Crime Branch

Fadnavis has given a relief to the Maratha community, just a day after his government tabled the Maratha Reservation Bill, which got passed by majority in the upper as well as the lower house of the legislation. The bill also got the Governor’s nod and has paved ways to become the law. This has ascended the existing 52% reservation in the Maharashtra state for the backward class community in education as well as jobs in the Maharashtra government aided institution, to a 16% rise, totalling the final figure to 68%. The Maratha community has been granted the 16% reservation quota under the Socially and Educationally Backward Class (SEBC).

Also Read,

Deepika and Ranveer Looked Stunning in their Mumbai’s Reception, Details here