Rita Bhaduri, a well known television and Indian film actress, died at age of 62 on Tuesday, while she was admitted for past 10 days at Sujay Hospital, Vile Parle, Mumbai. The actress was reportedly suffering from kidney ailment and had to go in for dialysis every alternate day. The news of her demise was first shared by Shishir Sharma who wrote on his facebook handle, “We deeply regret to inform you that Reeta Bhaduri has departed for her journey beyond. The funeral rites will be held on 17th July, Tuesday 12 noon at the cremation Ground, Parsi Wada Road, Parshiwad, Chakala, Andheri East. Extremely sad..lost a wonderful human being.. a mother to many of us.. will miss u Ma.”
Rita was an alumnus of ‘Film and Television Institute of India’ (FTII), Pune 1973 batch. She starred in 70 films and about 30 daily soaps in her career. She entered in movies with ‘Teri Talash Main’ in 1968, and in 1970s, became leading supporting actor, and was now working in an ongoing show ‘Nimki Mukhiya’ as Imarti Devi.
“Rita Bhaduri was one of the finest actress that FTII gave us,”, tweeted Anil Kapoor.
Twitter handles of many bollywood stars like Anupam Kher, Riteish Deshmukh, Krystle D’souza, Aashka Goardia, Shishir Sharma and others mourn the death of Rita. Their tweets state condolence to her family and loved ones, and also wrote that she will be remembered for the way she was. Thus, twitter was flooded with many heartfelt post for her.
We thought of bringing some facts about this proficient lady on the day when she has already left us yesterday
– Rita was born on November 4, 1955 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. She did her college from there, however, took acting training from FTII, Pune.
– At the peak of her career, she married Rajeev Verma, an Indian actor and a painter.
– She was considered as Jaya Bachchan’s sister as they both shared the surname ‘Bhaduri’. Once she said, “it had been so many years, people are confused. But we have no connection. It is fine though, she is used to it,”
– Rita was associated with Gujarati films. Thus, was considered as an exceptionally successful personality in Gujarati Cinema as well.
– She was more interested in working on television because this offered her many female-oriented roles, unlike the films which are mostly male-oriented.
– Even though she was one of the finest actresses, she considered herself as nobody. As she said, “I feel like I am still learning like a student”.
Also Read, 6 Bollywood Divas Who Went Topless in Movies
– The veteran actress had been starring for around 50 year now. She had all the qualities for being a lead actress, but her initial choice of working in few wrong movies in the first two years destroyed this dream of her.
The Indian cinema lost a wonderful actor ‘Rita Bhaduri’ on July 17 and the whole of Bollywood recalled her good memories. Her death was a big shock to the film industry. All we can say is that ‘may her soul rest in peace’. People have been mourning the death of this lady even today.
RIP RITA BHADURI
Also Read, 6 Hot Profiles to Check out on Instagram