A news that has caught almost every Mumbaikar’s eyes is the explosion of a Samsung smartphone in a man’s pocket in a restaurant. As per a video footage surfacing online, the man, Sunil Kante, Vikhroli resident, can be seen in a restaurant, Bageecha Hotel, in Mumbai when the people around him panicked as the fumes emerge from Kante’s front pocket. The man can be seen removing his phone and throwing away. “I had reached the hotel between 1.30pm and 1.45pm with 2 of my friends for lunch. I was waiting for 2 other friends and had just ordered when I felt pain in my chest. When I checked there, smoke was coming out of my pocket so I got up and threw the phone. My finger touched the phone and was burnt. Then I saw that my clothes were also burnt and I was scared. But then, people around calmed me down,” Kante said, reported FinancialExpress.com.
The incident took place on Monday and since then, the news has been scaring the Samsung users for any such apprehension with them in future.
— ANI (@ANI) June 5, 2018
Hence, Samsung has reacted to the incident. As per a report by FinancialExpress.com, Samsung Spokesperson clarified, “After the incident, the customer got in touch with us. On investigation, we found that the smartphone was retrofitted with generic accessories. Consumer safety is our top priority. We request all our consumers to use only genuine accessories including batteries and chargers.” The same report reveals that when contacted the Restaurant manager, he said, “It was a Samsung battery and phone. Since these guys were really scared they didn’t register any complaint and left immediately after the incident for a nearby hospital,” When asked the victim if he wants to register any complaint against the Korean smartphone brand, he said that he doesn’t intend to and thanked god for saving his life from this tragedy.
Do you know Virat Kohli’s New Enemy? Check out in this Video || Subscribe too ||
Also Read, एमपी के मंदसौर से राहुल गांधी का शंखनाद
To recall, a similar news was reported in October last year when a passenger was travelling between Delhi-Indore in Jet Airways flight and her Samsung smartphone caught fire. The passenger had kept her Samsung Note smartphone in her handbag and just after 15 minutes of her journey in the flight, she noticed fumes emerging from her handbag. She called the crew members for help who drowned the smartphone in a tray of water to douse off the fire emerging from the smartphone. Subsequently, Samsung Note 7 was banned by several airlines globally, reported Reuters. Samsung also stood for it’s rescue and called back all it’s Samsung Note 7 devices back as the battery had a defect in it. Samsung had confirmed it received 13 reports of burn and 47 reports of property damage due to the fire in the smartphone.
(With inputs from ANI and Financial Express)