Mumbai: Fire broke on the top floor of an 8 storey building in Mumbai’s Andheri West, Veera Desai Road. As per reports, the fire broke around 2.40 PM on Friday due to a short circuit. The normal looking road of Veera Desai Road was stuck due to the fire brigade vans who reached the spot for fire extinguishing.
According to the fire department of BMC, they received a call intimating them about the news of fire in the Shanti Sadan Building of Ambewadi in Mumbai’s Andheri West. The fire brigade rush to the spot and took charge of the situation. The fire was brought under control by 05.18 PM with minimal injury to an 80-YO man called Gopal Das. Gopal Das was given the first aid and discharged later. The fire official guessed the blast of the LPG cylinder as the real cause of the fire but need investigation before confirming.
A Fire Department official said, “Four fire tenders were pressed into the service and the fire was brought under control by around 5.18PM.”
The similar reason became the reason of death of 8 members last year on June 30 in Andheri.